Beggars in Bangkok

I overheard someone talking about a woman walking in to a hospital in Bangkok and stole a new born baby. I thought maybe she cant have kids on her own but that was not the case. If you have a baby in your lap when you beg for money, you get more! If it's true it is really sad because that kid have no chance to grow up and live a normal life. He/she is probably going to live on the streets of Bangkok for the rest of their life, involving drugs/prostitution...
Then there are other types of beggars. We came across a monk one night selling arm bracelets. We had just arrived in Bangkok and did not know that Monks do NOT sell anything! They get out very early in the morning to collect food from people. Thats is not begging! Anyway, we bought two bracelets from this guy for 200 baht!!! (Normal price is 20 baht without bargain) 6 month later and I am still pissed off by this! I put it down to: I was new in the country and did not know...
Read more about begging in Bangkok by clicking  HERE
As a "farang" you get ripped off all the time. Went to a night club with some Thai friends. I had to pay 300 baht to get in. Thais go in for free. I would love to see what would happen in Sweden if you put up a sign at the door saying: Swedes go in for free. Foreigners pay 300...